What I Wish Was Socially Acceptable?

 

-Look, how shameless these people are! They can’t spare even public transport from getting intimate inside.

-These people are a disgrace to the society. All they want is to get physically intact all the time.

-How shameless this girl is! I don’t think her parents taught her the fundamental values to behave inside a healthy society.

-These people don’t deserve to be allowed inside public transport.

-There are kids inside this bus. Don’t they care about the awful message they are spreading among minors?!

-Wow! They turned this bus into their bedroom.

These are some random remarks that couples receive regularly from random people when they get slightly close to each other inside public transport.

Not only old people but also the mid-aged ‘uncles-aunties’ turn themselves into ‘moral police’ and blame these couples for every pandemonium that happens inside a society.

I went through it several times when my girlfriend places her head on my shoulder and starts sleeping.

People do pass these remarks and if not, they stare like some nuclear weapon is getting made on my shoulder.

I live in a city that is one of the most culturally rich cities in India. Even so, couples like us hesitate to even hold the hands of each other inside public transports or saturated places. And, if I have to consider rural areas, well, I can write a novel on that. Let’s not get inside that.

I wish people understand that there’s nothing wrong with placing a head on the shoulder of your loved ones.

One can get tired or be broken sometimes and all he/she desperately needs is a shoulder that he/she can cry on or drain his/her pains to rest his/her heart.

But the fact is, that posture is vulgar.

And,

This is not:

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can to relate to my pain?

Who Is GOD?